The add file modal will now include the option to add a file from Google Drive. Google docs and slides will be viewable in Workframe and beacons can be added. If a user relocates the document within their Google drive, Workframe will still maintain connection to that document.
Make sure to turn off your pop-up blocker or select the ‘Always’ option before authenticating your account.
How to authenticate your Google account
- Select ‘Add new document’ within the Documents tab for any project.
- Select the Google Drive icon.
- A sign-in page will appear and allow you to select which Google account you would like to authenticate.
- Select the account and follow the prompts.
- Once authenticated, the add file window will look like the familiar Google Drive file structure.
- You can search your Google drive for any document.
- Select the document, enter additional details, apply privacy settings, and publish document.
- Google docs will appear with a Google drive icon in your document list view.
- To preview a Google doc you can click on the doc. An option to ‘Open in Google docs’ will appear at the top of the doc.
- By selecting this option, a new browser window will open to view the document directly within Google docs.
- You will also need to authenticate if you are opening a file from Google that has been added to Workframe.
How privacy settings work with Google docs
- Public documents can be found in list view by anyone, and private documents can only be found by those selected.
- Google Drive always controls who can view/edit/comment on a doc.
- Once you authenticate if you do not have rights to see that document you will not be able to see the document.
- Workframe privacy settings do not override Google settings.