Detailed task information like duration, criticality, assignees, dependencies, privacy and priority can all be set for a project at the template level. A company admin can create, edit, delete and tag templates from the “all projects” tab. Templates are automatically saved as you work on them, so as soon as a user creates a new template it will be saved in the template view.
Please note that only users with Admin permissions can create a template.
How to start a template
- Select ‘All projects’ on your left side navigation menu.
- Select Templates and choose an existing template or select the Create template button.
- Select ‘Create template’ option to start a new template.
- Name the template. Details such as location and tags are optional.
- Select Manage custom fields to toggle on and off custom fields available for this template.
- Select Tasks and start building your template. By default Tasks will default into your List view. You can toggle to Timeline view at anytime.
- To use Date Automation ensure that within the Tasks section of your template you populate the Days from Start column for each task.
- Select the Documents tab and add a default folder structure for your template.
- Select the Team tab to add team members. By default the user creating the template will be added to the Team tab automatically.
- Select ‘Bulk add’ to add multiple team members at a time. Choose if team member's will be Project Admin's. Select Done.
- Select the Automation Tab. By default you will see the recommended system triggers for Workframe.
- Once complete you have four options:
- Project from template- will create a project with the template selected.
- Duplicate will create a copy of your template.
- Delete will delete the template.
- Done- will route you back to the settings Templates tab.
To learn about project template details and glossary terms, click here.