Custom fields allow you to capture specific project data, such as square footage, budget, etc. and allow for data aggregation and analysis. You can toggle a custom field on or off from a project or template at any time. There are 5 types of Custom fields:
- Text (single or multiline)
- Currency (USD)
- Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Dropdown (single select)
All of a company's Custom fields will default to appear upon project or template creation.
How to create Custom fields
Please note that only users with Admin permissions can create Custom Fields
- Select ‘All projects’ on your left side navigation menu.
- Select Custom fields tab and select +New Custom field button.
- A Custom field card view will pop up to populate:
- Field name (required)
- Field type
Before you create the card you have the following options:
- Apply to all existing projects
- Apply to all existing templates
Checking this box will add this field to all existing projects and/or templates in your company. If you choose not do this you will have to manually go in and switch on this custom field.
- In the project/template details tab you can toggle on/off the appropriate custom fields.
- Select done and those fields will appear on the Details tab of the project.
- Team members permissioned to view this project will be able to view the Custom fields within the Details tab of the project.